Security tightened following terror threat
Udhagamandalam: Security has been tightened and search intensified in Wellington area, housing the Madras Regiment Centre and Defence Staff Service College (DSSC) following a threat alert of a possible terrorist strike, police on Sunday said.
The Intelligence Bureau has sent a report on the threat alert to DSSC, based on which the College lodged a complaint with police, they said.
As part of strengthening security, police are engaged in taking details of persons staying and coming in some 20 villages in and round Wellington, around 30 km from here, seeking identity and ration cards and other domicile documents, police said.
People who enter the seven wards, coming under Cantonment Board, are being screened, by taking minute details of their whereabouts. Moreover, police have taken many group photos of some 24,000 villagers for the last two days, they said.
When contacted, a senior army official, who did not want to be identified, said DSSC has received a threat report of infiltration or possible terrorist strike in area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you