Siruvani dam: Parties, farmers to fast on July 17
Erode: Various political parties, farmers and traders associations would observe a token fast on July 17 here protesting the Kerala government`s move to build a new dam across Siruvani.
The decision was taken at a meeting of political parties, farmers and traders associations here yesterday, a press release said.
Construction of the dam would adversely affect the people of Coimbatore and other districts, it said.
The meeting unanimously resolved to appeal the Union Government to intervene immediately on the matter.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!