Siruvani dam: Parties, farmers to fast on July 17
Erode: Various political parties, farmers and traders associations would observe a token fast on July 17 here protesting the Kerala government`s move to build a new dam across Siruvani.
The decision was taken at a meeting of political parties, farmers and traders associations here yesterday, a press release said.
Construction of the dam would adversely affect the people of Coimbatore and other districts, it said.
The meeting unanimously resolved to appeal the Union Government to intervene immediately on the matter.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- University of Mumbai T.Y.B.Com Semester Six (75:25) Result 2016 declared on mu.ac.in
- Poland National Championships 2016: Quarter-miler Mohd. Anas sets new national record
- NHRC notice to Karnataka over ragging of Dalit student
- Saudi cop shot dead in Shiite district: Ministry
- Twitter activates Foursquare-powered location feed for iOS users