Siruvani dam: Parties, farmers to fast on July 17
Erode: Various political parties, farmers and traders associations would observe a token fast on July 17 here protesting the Kerala government`s move to build a new dam across Siruvani.
The decision was taken at a meeting of political parties, farmers and traders associations here yesterday, a press release said.
Construction of the dam would adversely affect the people of Coimbatore and other districts, it said.
The meeting unanimously resolved to appeal the Union Government to intervene immediately on the matter.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?