Six injured in clash in Tamil Nadu village
Theni: Six persons, including two women,
were injured in a clash between two groups of Dalits at Dombucheri village here police said Thursday.
Police said the clash took place yesterday as a fallout of some youths belonging to Devendrakula Velalar community teasing some girls belonging to Arunthathiar community on January 14.
Local leaders of both communities met and decided to resolve the issue amicably.
However, some members belonging to Arunthathiar community who visited the rival group`s area yesterday were allegedly beaten up. The rival group also allegedly set ablaze two motorcycles, six shops, car and two houses in the Arunthathiar area, police said.
Police said cases had been registered cases against 13 persons belonging to Arunthathiar and 11 from Devendrakulavelalar community. Thirteen persons from both groups were arrested today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical