Six injured in clash in Tamil Nadu village
Theni: Six persons, including two women,
were injured in a clash between two groups of Dalits at Dombucheri village here police said Thursday.
Police said the clash took place yesterday as a fallout of some youths belonging to Devendrakula Velalar community teasing some girls belonging to Arunthathiar community on January 14.
Local leaders of both communities met and decided to resolve the issue amicably.
However, some members belonging to Arunthathiar community who visited the rival group`s area yesterday were allegedly beaten up. The rival group also allegedly set ablaze two motorcycles, six shops, car and two houses in the Arunthathiar area, police said.
Police said cases had been registered cases against 13 persons belonging to Arunthathiar and 11 from Devendrakulavelalar community. Thirteen persons from both groups were arrested today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional