Six injured in clash in Tamil Nadu village
Theni: Six persons, including two women,
were injured in a clash between two groups of Dalits at Dombucheri village here police said Thursday.
Police said the clash took place yesterday as a fallout of some youths belonging to Devendrakula Velalar community teasing some girls belonging to Arunthathiar community on January 14.
Local leaders of both communities met and decided to resolve the issue amicably.
However, some members belonging to Arunthathiar community who visited the rival group`s area yesterday were allegedly beaten up. The rival group also allegedly set ablaze two motorcycles, six shops, car and two houses in the Arunthathiar area, police said.
Police said cases had been registered cases against 13 persons belonging to Arunthathiar and 11 from Devendrakulavelalar community. Thirteen persons from both groups were arrested today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No more Railway Budget! Niti Aayog panel terms it as 'failed' exercise
- Ileana D'Cruz raises the mercury by donning a scorching monokini! – Pic inside
- One worker killed in explosion at pharma unit in Visakhapatnam
- Kapil Sharma meets fan battling cancer - The comedian's gesture will win your heart
- Rio Games: Russia faces ban from Olympic weightlifting over doping offences