Six injured in clash in Tamil Nadu village
Theni: Six persons, including two women,
were injured in a clash between two groups of Dalits at Dombucheri village here police said Thursday.
Police said the clash took place yesterday as a fallout of some youths belonging to Devendrakula Velalar community teasing some girls belonging to Arunthathiar community on January 14.
Local leaders of both communities met and decided to resolve the issue amicably.
However, some members belonging to Arunthathiar community who visited the rival group`s area yesterday were allegedly beaten up. The rival group also allegedly set ablaze two motorcycles, six shops, car and two houses in the Arunthathiar area, police said.
Police said cases had been registered cases against 13 persons belonging to Arunthathiar and 11 from Devendrakulavelalar community. Thirteen persons from both groups were arrested today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence