Six kids drown in separate incidents in Nagai
Nagapattinam/Kumbakonam: Six children drowned in
separate incidents in Nagapattinam and Thanjavur districts of Tamil Nadu, police said Friday.
At Kumbakonam in Thanjavur district, two brothers, aged 12 and 10, fell into a tank near a temple while playing yesterday and drowned. Their bodies were recovered this morning.
A case has been registered.
At Vellakoil village near Porayar in Nagapattinam, two
children, who were playing near a pond, fell into it and
drowned, last evening.
In another incident at Thanikottagam village near Vedaranyam, two children fell into a pit filled with rainwater, reportedly created due to mining of sand, near their home and drowned.
On a complaint from the VAO, police registered a case. The
villagers staged a road blockade today, condemning "unapproved
mining" of sand in the village and sought a ban.
Vedaranyam Tahsildar Asokan, police and other officials
rushed to the spot and pacified the villagers following
which they dispersed.Traffic remained affected for nearly two
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth