Sri Lankan court releases Tamil Nadu fishermen
Rameswaram: A court in Sri Lanka on Monday
released 22 Tamil Nadu fishermen, arrested by the island
nation`s naval personnel.
According to a communication received by Alliance for the
Release of Innocent Fishermen (ARIF), Mannar Court Judge
Jeevarani Karuppaiah ordered to release the fishermen when
they were produced before the court.
The fishermen will be handed over to Indian Coast Guard
by Sri Lankan navy at the International Maritime Boundary
Line (IMBL) within two days, he said.
The fishermen were arrested yesterday when they were
fishing near the International Maritime Boundary Line (IMBL)
The Lankan naval men alleged that the fishermen had
crossed the IMBL while fishing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred