Sri Lankan court releases Tamil Nadu fishermen
Rameswaram: A court in Sri Lanka on Monday
released 22 Tamil Nadu fishermen, arrested by the island
nation`s naval personnel.
According to a communication received by Alliance for the
Release of Innocent Fishermen (ARIF), Mannar Court Judge
Jeevarani Karuppaiah ordered to release the fishermen when
they were produced before the court.
The fishermen will be handed over to Indian Coast Guard
by Sri Lankan navy at the International Maritime Boundary
Line (IMBL) within two days, he said.
The fishermen were arrested yesterday when they were
fishing near the International Maritime Boundary Line (IMBL)
The Lankan naval men alleged that the fishermen had
crossed the IMBL while fishing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray