Sri Lankan court releases Tamil Nadu fishermen
Rameswaram: A court in Sri Lanka on Monday
released 22 Tamil Nadu fishermen, arrested by the island
nation`s naval personnel.
According to a communication received by Alliance for the
Release of Innocent Fishermen (ARIF), Mannar Court Judge
Jeevarani Karuppaiah ordered to release the fishermen when
they were produced before the court.
The fishermen will be handed over to Indian Coast Guard
by Sri Lankan navy at the International Maritime Boundary
Line (IMBL) within two days, he said.
The fishermen were arrested yesterday when they were
fishing near the International Maritime Boundary Line (IMBL)
The Lankan naval men alleged that the fishermen had
crossed the IMBL while fishing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA