Sri Lankan navalmen attack Indian boats with stones, logs
Rameswaram(TN): Sri Lankan navalmen allegedly attacked 10 boats of Indian fishermen with stones and logs when they were fishing near Katchativu early this morning.
Fisheries department officials said the naval personnel also cut the fishing nets in the boats and threw them into the sea. No fishermen was injured in the incident, they said.
They said the boats were part of a fleet of 696 boats that had put out to sea last night off Dhanushkodi.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- 'Revamped' Varanasi ghats to go green - PM Modi set to distribute e-boats to boatmen of Ganga
- Air travellers to get refund on development fee for tickets booked beyond April 30
- Waqar Younis blames Shahid Afridi for T20 losses, wants Umar Akmal axed from team
- 35 mn talked about Indian assembly polls on Facebook; BJP most discussed party
- Sensex sweats as BoJ holds off on stimulus, skids 160 points