Sri Lankan navalmen attack Indian boats with stones, logs
Rameswaram(TN): Sri Lankan navalmen allegedly attacked 10 boats of Indian fishermen with stones and logs when they were fishing near Katchativu early this morning.
Fisheries department officials said the naval personnel also cut the fishing nets in the boats and threw them into the sea. No fishermen was injured in the incident, they said.
They said the boats were part of a fleet of 696 boats that had put out to sea last night off Dhanushkodi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt