Stalin`s son moves HC for anticipatory bail
Chennai: Udayanidhi Stalin, son of DMK leader
M K Stalin, on Friday moved the Madras High Court seeking
anticipatory bail in a land grabbing case.
When the bail plea came up for hearing, it was adjourned
to December 7 by Justice S Palanivelu.
Udayanidhi, grandson of DMK President M Karunanidhi,
in his petition, submitted that he was "innocent" and police
without even verifying the veracity of the complaint against
him had registered an FIR for "reasons best known" to it.
He alleged that complainant businessman N S Seshadri
Kumar, on whose complaint police have registered the FIR
against Udayanidhi, his father and four others, was "acting
maliciously using all illegal means."
Police had on Thursday registered the FIR on the complaint
which alleged that one of the aides of Udayanidhi`s father had
forced him to sell his property in Teynampet area of the city
after getting the tenants to vacate it.
Udayanidhi said he was in "no way" connected with the
land except that he was a tenant and rented the property as it
was situated near his father`s residence.
He said he had reliably learnt that there had already
been a sale deed executed by the complainant in favour of a
firm `Pioneer Builders` on August 19, 2101 for a sale
consideration of over Rs 5.54 crore.
Counsel for Udayanidhi claimed the case had been filed
for "political reasons". The FIR did not have any material to
show that his client was involved in land grabbing, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics