Stalin`s son moves HC for anticipatory bail
Chennai: Udayanidhi Stalin, son of DMK leader
M K Stalin, on Friday moved the Madras High Court seeking
anticipatory bail in a land grabbing case.
When the bail plea came up for hearing, it was adjourned
to December 7 by Justice S Palanivelu.
Udayanidhi, grandson of DMK President M Karunanidhi,
in his petition, submitted that he was "innocent" and police
without even verifying the veracity of the complaint against
him had registered an FIR for "reasons best known" to it.
He alleged that complainant businessman N S Seshadri
Kumar, on whose complaint police have registered the FIR
against Udayanidhi, his father and four others, was "acting
maliciously using all illegal means."
Police had on Thursday registered the FIR on the complaint
which alleged that one of the aides of Udayanidhi`s father had
forced him to sell his property in Teynampet area of the city
after getting the tenants to vacate it.
Udayanidhi said he was in "no way" connected with the
land except that he was a tenant and rented the property as it
was situated near his father`s residence.
He said he had reliably learnt that there had already
been a sale deed executed by the complainant in favour of a
firm `Pioneer Builders` on August 19, 2101 for a sale
consideration of over Rs 5.54 crore.
Counsel for Udayanidhi claimed the case had been filed
for "political reasons". The FIR did not have any material to
show that his client was involved in land grabbing, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened