Suspected militant hacked to death in Madurai
Madurai: A suspected militant, allegedly involved in the murder of Hindu Makkal Katchi state vice president R Kalidass in 2005 was hacked to death here today by four of his former associates, police said.
Mannar Moideen (35) was speaking to his acquaintances by the roadside when four persons on a motorcycle hacked him to death and fled the spot, they said.
According to the police, Moideen, who was linked to the Al-Umma outfit and his four associates were involved in the murders of two persons, including Kalidas.
Moideen and the four others were arrested in 2005. All of them were later released on bail.
Police said differences cropped up between Moideen and the others during the trial in the Kalidas case, after which they decided to do away with him.
Police said they are on the lookout for the four accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire