Suspected militant hacked to death in Madurai
Madurai: A suspected militant, allegedly involved in the murder of Hindu Makkal Katchi state vice president R Kalidass in 2005 was hacked to death here today by four of his former associates, police said.
Mannar Moideen (35) was speaking to his acquaintances by the roadside when four persons on a motorcycle hacked him to death and fled the spot, they said.
According to the police, Moideen, who was linked to the Al-Umma outfit and his four associates were involved in the murders of two persons, including Kalidas.
Moideen and the four others were arrested in 2005. All of them were later released on bail.
Police said differences cropped up between Moideen and the others during the trial in the Kalidas case, after which they decided to do away with him.
Police said they are on the lookout for the four accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?