Suspected militant hacked to death in Madurai
Madurai: A suspected militant, allegedly involved in the murder of Hindu Makkal Katchi state vice president R Kalidass in 2005 was hacked to death here today by four of his former associates, police said.
Mannar Moideen (35) was speaking to his acquaintances by the roadside when four persons on a motorcycle hacked him to death and fled the spot, they said.
According to the police, Moideen, who was linked to the Al-Umma outfit and his four associates were involved in the murders of two persons, including Kalidas.
Moideen and the four others were arrested in 2005. All of them were later released on bail.
Police said differences cropped up between Moideen and the others during the trial in the Kalidas case, after which they decided to do away with him.
Police said they are on the lookout for the four accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet