Suspected militant hacked to death in Madurai
Madurai: A suspected militant, allegedly involved in the murder of Hindu Makkal Katchi state vice president R Kalidass in 2005 was hacked to death here today by four of his former associates, police said.
Mannar Moideen (35) was speaking to his acquaintances by the roadside when four persons on a motorcycle hacked him to death and fled the spot, they said.
According to the police, Moideen, who was linked to the Al-Umma outfit and his four associates were involved in the murders of two persons, including Kalidas.
Moideen and the four others were arrested in 2005. All of them were later released on bail.
Police said differences cropped up between Moideen and the others during the trial in the Kalidas case, after which they decided to do away with him.
Police said they are on the lookout for the four accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!