Tamil Nadu: Two threat letters to AIADMK MLA, police
Madurai: Two threat letters stating that bombs would go off at different places in the city were received by an AIADMK MLA and police, prompting them to provide him security and beef up the city.
The letter to MLA AK Bose and to the police was received at the office of the city police commissioner and a police station.
Police said the first one written by one Panna alleged that they were torturing `Police` Fakruddin, a key suspect in the 2011 Advani pipe bomb case and that a bomb would be set off at the residence of Bose, "as he is a close political associate of the Chief Minister."
The second one written to the Inspector at Jai Hindupuram police station also levelled the same charge and said a bomb would explode in the premises of Bose`s house or two offices within 10 days.
Police requisitioned sniffer dogs for a thorough search at the MLAs residence, but no explosives were found.
Bose was also former district secretary of AIADMK.
Information provided by `Police` Fakruddin had led to the arrest of Panna Ismail and Bilal Malik, two key suspects in the pipe bomb case and many other cases, in October by armed police personnel of Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh from a house at Puttur close to the AP border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says