Three held for submitting fake docs to get US visa
Chennai: Three persons have been arrested for
employing fraudulent means to obtain a visa from the US
Consulate General here, police said on Thursday.
Hyderabad-based Dayanand and Dharmishtha from Gujarat,
lied to officials that they were married couple and produced
fake documents to obtain the visa, police said.
They were apprehended on Wednesday based on a complaint by
the Assistant Regional Security Officer and Investigator at
the Consulate General, they said.
They were sent by a Mumbai-based agent Zaheer who is since
absconding, police said.
Meanwhile, based on another complaint, a Coimbatore nurse
was arrested after she tried to obtain visa claiming she was a
teacher, they said, adding that all the accused were later
remanded to custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP