Three held for submitting fake docs to get US visa
Chennai: Three persons have been arrested for
employing fraudulent means to obtain a visa from the US
Consulate General here, police said on Thursday.
Hyderabad-based Dayanand and Dharmishtha from Gujarat,
lied to officials that they were married couple and produced
fake documents to obtain the visa, police said.
They were apprehended on Wednesday based on a complaint by
the Assistant Regional Security Officer and Investigator at
the Consulate General, they said.
They were sent by a Mumbai-based agent Zaheer who is since
absconding, police said.
Meanwhile, based on another complaint, a Coimbatore nurse
was arrested after she tried to obtain visa claiming she was a
teacher, they said, adding that all the accused were later
remanded to custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list