TN allocates Rs 5 crore towards developing tourism activities
Chennai: Tamil Nadu government Tuesday announced allocating around Rs five crore towards developing tourism activities in Tiruchirappalli and Tiruvarur districts.
Chief Minister Jayalalithaa has sanctioned Rs 2.30 crore to develop various amenities at Pachamalai in Tiruchirappalli including setting up of tree-houses and renovating an existing guest house, among others.
The 527.61 sq.Km. Pachamalai was located at 160-1,072 metres above sea level and the attractions included Periyapakkalam and Korayaru waterfalls besides wildlife and birds, an official release said.
In Tiruvarur district, Muthupettai, which boasts of a 11,885 hectare mangrove that attracts a variety of birds during winter, will be developed as a major tourist attraction in the district.
Jayalalithaa has allocated Rs 2.17 crore towards many tourism-related works including purchasing fibre glass boats and setting up viewing towers, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof