TN allocates Rs 5 crore towards developing tourism activities
Chennai: Tamil Nadu government Tuesday announced allocating around Rs five crore towards developing tourism activities in Tiruchirappalli and Tiruvarur districts.
Chief Minister Jayalalithaa has sanctioned Rs 2.30 crore to develop various amenities at Pachamalai in Tiruchirappalli including setting up of tree-houses and renovating an existing guest house, among others.
The 527.61 sq.Km. Pachamalai was located at 160-1,072 metres above sea level and the attractions included Periyapakkalam and Korayaru waterfalls besides wildlife and birds, an official release said.
In Tiruvarur district, Muthupettai, which boasts of a 11,885 hectare mangrove that attracts a variety of birds during winter, will be developed as a major tourist attraction in the district.
Jayalalithaa has allocated Rs 2.17 crore towards many tourism-related works including purchasing fibre glass boats and setting up viewing towers, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram