TN: Five killed in separate incidents
Rameswaram: Five persons were killed and one person seriously injured in separate accidents in Ramanathapuram district Tuesday.
Three persons, including a college professor, were killed when their car collided with a bus at Atchundan Vayal in the district, police said.
Police said Professor Soundarapandi was returning to Ramanathapuram from Chathirakudi along with his aunt and a one-year-old girl after performing last rites of his father in his native place.
The bus was bound for Madurai from Ramanathapuram.
The injured has been admitted to the Government Rajaji Hospital at Madurai.
In another accident near Uchipuli, two persons were killed when their two-wheeler collided with a car carrying Ayyappa devotees today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok