TN: Four held for poaching wild animals
Erode: Four persons have been arrested
after 60 kg of venison and wild boar meat was seized from
their possession in Sathyamangalam forest range, police said
The arrests were made after police found two gunny bags
containing the meat in a car during a routine vehicle check at
Bannari check-post in the district last evening, they said.
A country-made gun and nine bullets were also seized from
During questioning, the four occupants of the car
allegedly admitted that they had poached the deer and wild
boar near Thalamalai forest area and were taking the meat to
their village in neighbouring Namakkal district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore