TN: Four held for poaching wild animals
Erode: Four persons have been arrested
after 60 kg of venison and wild boar meat was seized from
their possession in Sathyamangalam forest range, police said
The arrests were made after police found two gunny bags
containing the meat in a car during a routine vehicle check at
Bannari check-post in the district last evening, they said.
A country-made gun and nine bullets were also seized from
During questioning, the four occupants of the car
allegedly admitted that they had poached the deer and wild
boar near Thalamalai forest area and were taking the meat to
their village in neighbouring Namakkal district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore