TN: Four held for poaching wild animals
Erode: Four persons have been arrested
after 60 kg of venison and wild boar meat was seized from
their possession in Sathyamangalam forest range, police said
The arrests were made after police found two gunny bags
containing the meat in a car during a routine vehicle check at
Bannari check-post in the district last evening, they said.
A country-made gun and nine bullets were also seized from
During questioning, the four occupants of the car
allegedly admitted that they had poached the deer and wild
boar near Thalamalai forest area and were taking the meat to
their village in neighbouring Namakkal district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Jailed ex-MP Shahabuddin shifted to AIIMS
- Facebook to give more prominence to family and friends, not media
- PM Modi asks babus for effective redressal of consumer grievances
- PM Modi meets Amit Shah and Arun Jaitley, discusses key issues
- Wimbledon 2016: Novak Djokovic wins 30th consecutive Grand Slam match, Roger Federer ends Marcus Willis' fairytale