TN: Minister inaugurates sugarcane crushing
Dharmapuri: Tamil Nadu Higher Education Minister
P Palaniyappan Monday inaugurated the 2011-12 sugarcane crushing season at the Cooperative Sugar Mill in Palacode, 48 km from here.
The season is expected to yield 3.70 lakh tonnes in the
district. It was planned to crush 2000 tonnes per day,
the minister said.
Sugarcane has been cultivated in 12,333 acres.
The Minister also appealed to the farmers to increase
the cane cultivation area in the next cultivable season.
Collector R.Lilly presided.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!