TN: Minister inaugurates sugarcane crushing
Dharmapuri: Tamil Nadu Higher Education Minister
P Palaniyappan Monday inaugurated the 2011-12 sugarcane crushing season at the Cooperative Sugar Mill in Palacode, 48 km from here.
The season is expected to yield 3.70 lakh tonnes in the
district. It was planned to crush 2000 tonnes per day,
the minister said.
Sugarcane has been cultivated in 12,333 acres.
The Minister also appealed to the farmers to increase
the cane cultivation area in the next cultivable season.
Collector R.Lilly presided.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis