TN: Son kills father for scolding over weak performance in his studies
Nagapattinam: A plus-two student was arrested for allegedly shooting his father to death following an altercation between them, police said on Monday.
The boy later made a futile attempt for self immolation, police said.
Police said the father, an ex-serviceman, scolded his son for not performing well in studies. This resulted in an altercation between them and the son attacked his father and ran away a few days back.
When he returned home on Sunday, the father picked up a quarrel with his son for attacking him.
Angry over it, the son took the licensed gun owned by his father and shot him killing on the spot.
The son later attempted self-immolation pouring kerosene over the body. However his neighbours rescued him. He was later arrested by police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Saif Ali Khan injured, rushed to hospital! – Details inside
- BSF prevents entry of 300 Bangladesi nationals in Tripura
- BJP corner Arvind Kejriwal, accuses 'stubborn' AAP of politicizing its mistakes
- Serena Williams battles rivals, self-doubt at Wimbledon
- Top 5 signs that your boyfriend is too controlling!