TN Youth Cong prez suspended on disciplinary grounds
New Delhi: Tamil Nadu Youth Congress president M Yuvaraja, a supporter of Union Minister G K Vasan, has been suspended from the post on "disciplinary grounds".
The decision to suspend Yuvaraja, who was elected to the post for second time in October last year, was taken by Indian Youth Congress at a high-level meeting yesterday.
"M Yuvraja, president, Tamil Nadu Pradesh Youth Congress committee is suspended from the post on disciplinary grounds," M Liju, General Secretary of Indian Youth Congress in-charge of Tamil Nadu, said.
He said the decision was taken on "disciplinary grounds".
Sources said the Indian Youth Congress was upset over the inefficiency of the Tamil Nadu Youth Congress and was not happy over its performance.
Yuvaraja had defeated a Congress cadre from the camp of Finance Minister P Chidambaram during the October 2012 polls held for the post of Tamil Nadu Youth Congress chief.
This is perhaps for the first time that a state Youth Congress leader is suspended on "disciplinary grounds" especially after Rahul Gandhi democratised the functioning of such units across the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred