TN Youth Cong prez suspended on disciplinary grounds
New Delhi: Tamil Nadu Youth Congress president M Yuvaraja, a supporter of Union Minister G K Vasan, has been suspended from the post on "disciplinary grounds".
The decision to suspend Yuvaraja, who was elected to the post for second time in October last year, was taken by Indian Youth Congress at a high-level meeting yesterday.
"M Yuvraja, president, Tamil Nadu Pradesh Youth Congress committee is suspended from the post on disciplinary grounds," M Liju, General Secretary of Indian Youth Congress in-charge of Tamil Nadu, said.
He said the decision was taken on "disciplinary grounds".
Sources said the Indian Youth Congress was upset over the inefficiency of the Tamil Nadu Youth Congress and was not happy over its performance.
Yuvaraja had defeated a Congress cadre from the camp of Finance Minister P Chidambaram during the October 2012 polls held for the post of Tamil Nadu Youth Congress chief.
This is perhaps for the first time that a state Youth Congress leader is suspended on "disciplinary grounds" especially after Rahul Gandhi democratised the functioning of such units across the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- South Africa`s Zuma to hear if 800 graft charges reinstated
- Summer special - Shahnaz Husain's tips for maintaining glowing skin
- This online wedding community helps you plan your marriage
- Women find 'dominant' men more attractive – Here’s why
- TIRUN announces maiden voyage of world's largest cruise ship