TN Youth Cong prez suspended on disciplinary grounds
New Delhi: Tamil Nadu Youth Congress president M Yuvaraja, a supporter of Union Minister G K Vasan, has been suspended from the post on "disciplinary grounds".
The decision to suspend Yuvaraja, who was elected to the post for second time in October last year, was taken by Indian Youth Congress at a high-level meeting yesterday.
"M Yuvraja, president, Tamil Nadu Pradesh Youth Congress committee is suspended from the post on disciplinary grounds," M Liju, General Secretary of Indian Youth Congress in-charge of Tamil Nadu, said.
He said the decision was taken on "disciplinary grounds".
Sources said the Indian Youth Congress was upset over the inefficiency of the Tamil Nadu Youth Congress and was not happy over its performance.
Yuvaraja had defeated a Congress cadre from the camp of Finance Minister P Chidambaram during the October 2012 polls held for the post of Tamil Nadu Youth Congress chief.
This is perhaps for the first time that a state Youth Congress leader is suspended on "disciplinary grounds" especially after Rahul Gandhi democratised the functioning of such units across the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY