Two Korean hotels raided in Kancheepuram
Kancheepuram: Two Korean hotels have been raided by the Prohibition Enforcement Wing and its owner, a Korean national, arrested for reportedly selling foreign liquor without permit and illegally smuggled liquor from Puducherry.
The PEW officials, acting on a tip off raided the hotels at Pondur and nearby Sriperumbudur and seized several lakh of Rupees worth of liquor, officials said.
Police said liquor from Korea and from Puducherry were being served to customers.
Four Nepali staff of the hotel were also arrested.
The PEW said the action was taken as part of an increased drive against such hotels where liquor is served without permit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday