Two PMK activists detained under NSA
Dharmapuri (TN): Two activists of Pattali Makkal Katchi were detained under National Security Act on Wednesday on charges of triggering an explosion in a bid to blow up a culvert, police said.
P Theerthalingam (24) and M Sujendran (38) were detained under Tamil Nadu Public Property (Prevention of Damages and Loss) Act, Explosive Act and section 506 (punishment for criminal intimidation) of IPC and lodged in a prison at Salem.
Incidents of violence, including torching and stoning of government buses were reported from various parts of Tamil Nadu last week in the wake of the arrest of PMK leaders, S Ramadoss and his son and former Union Minister Anbumani following the Marakkanam violence on April 25.
Ramadoss had been arrested after he failed to wind up a PMK function which was blamed by the government as the reason for the violence at Marakkanam in Villupuram district. The function was allegedly targeted against Dalits.
Anbumani was arrested from Chennai in connection with a case filed last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : Dr. Subhash Chandra Show on tips for successful life
- Solar Impulse 2 lands in Spain, completes world's first Atlantic flight
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- Three arrested for forcing Kerala nursing student to drink toilet cleaner
- Copa-Euro showdown: Proposal made for match between Copa America and Euro 2016 winners
- World doping watchdog WADA shuts down Rio Olympic lab
- 'What is the EU?' searches spike on Google after shattering Brexit vote
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer