Two PMK activists detained under NSA
Dharmapuri (TN): Two activists of Pattali Makkal Katchi were detained under National Security Act on Wednesday on charges of triggering an explosion in a bid to blow up a culvert, police said.
P Theerthalingam (24) and M Sujendran (38) were detained under Tamil Nadu Public Property (Prevention of Damages and Loss) Act, Explosive Act and section 506 (punishment for criminal intimidation) of IPC and lodged in a prison at Salem.
Incidents of violence, including torching and stoning of government buses were reported from various parts of Tamil Nadu last week in the wake of the arrest of PMK leaders, S Ramadoss and his son and former Union Minister Anbumani following the Marakkanam violence on April 25.
Ramadoss had been arrested after he failed to wind up a PMK function which was blamed by the government as the reason for the violence at Marakkanam in Villupuram district. The function was allegedly targeted against Dalits.
Anbumani was arrested from Chennai in connection with a case filed last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video