VHP against dams across Ganga: Togadia
Chennai: The Vishwa Hindu Parishad on Thursday said
it would oppose any attempt to build dams on the Ganga between
Gangotri and Ganga Sagar.
"Ganga`s flow should be uninterrupted. We oppose any type
of dam between Gangotri and Ganga Sagar. (We also oppose) any
type of pollution in Ganga, such as effluents from
industries," VHP International General Secretary Pravin
Togadia told reporters here.
He claimed that sustained opposition by VHP against
attempts to pollute the river has improved the situation.
Togadia also introduced a calendar on Kashi city
(Varanasi), titled `Goddesses of Kashi`.
He said a total of one lakh copies of the calendar,
brought out by the `Explore Kashi` movement of which Togadia
is a part of, have been sent to district offices of VHP from
where people could collect it free of cost.
"It is a unique project to bring Kashi to every home of a
Hindu. Not everyone can go to Kashi, but they can have 26
Goddesses in their homes (in the form of this calendar)," he
Togadia also said VHP would help "anybody who wants to
explore Kashi. We can provide them guidance (by deputing a
VHP worker to help them explore the city) and arrange staying
arrangements free of cost if necessary."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH