Vikram Solar commissions 5 MW solar photovoltaic plant in TN
Chennai: Vikram Solar, global manufacturer of solar photovoltaic modules, has commissioned a 5 MW solar photovoltaic power plant at Virudhunagar in Tamil Nadu.
The company has commissioned the plant for its client JVS Exports under the `renewable energy certificate` mechanism on turnkey basis.
The power plant was constructed within a timeframe of 75 days, Vikram Solar said in a statement.
The plant is JVS Exports` first foray into the field of solar energy. The project is expected to generate about eight million units of electricity per year, it said.
"This project has painted an authentic picture of Vikram Solar`s capability in executing megawat-scale power projects, and at the same time ensuring quality at every step of execution resulting in substantial tax benefits and end-user savings", Vikram Solar Managing Director Gyanesh Chaudhary said.
JVS Exports already owns and operates several windmills, and Virudhunagar solar plant is the company`s commitment towards sustainable environment, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!