Vikram Solar commissions 5 MW solar photovoltaic plant in TN
Chennai: Vikram Solar, global manufacturer of solar photovoltaic modules, has commissioned a 5 MW solar photovoltaic power plant at Virudhunagar in Tamil Nadu.
The company has commissioned the plant for its client JVS Exports under the `renewable energy certificate` mechanism on turnkey basis.
The power plant was constructed within a timeframe of 75 days, Vikram Solar said in a statement.
The plant is JVS Exports` first foray into the field of solar energy. The project is expected to generate about eight million units of electricity per year, it said.
"This project has painted an authentic picture of Vikram Solar`s capability in executing megawat-scale power projects, and at the same time ensuring quality at every step of execution resulting in substantial tax benefits and end-user savings", Vikram Solar Managing Director Gyanesh Chaudhary said.
JVS Exports already owns and operates several windmills, and Virudhunagar solar plant is the company`s commitment towards sustainable environment, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez