Voice views for strong Tamil Nadu, Stalin in his first tweet
Chennai: Seeking to reach out to the youth ahead of Lok Sabha polls, DMK Treasurer MK Stalin took the plunge into the social media launching his twitter account on his 61st birthday on Saturday.
His maiden tweet read "citizens should voice own views for a strong Tamil Nadu and integral India".
Stalin`s father and DMK President M Karunanidhi already has a twitter account.
Stalin, who has been taking part in lengthy sessions to interview aspirants for party tickets for the polls besides doing other election-related work, took a day off on his birthday.
After he sought the blessings of his father and mother Dayalu Ammal at their residence, Stalin was greeted by party functionaries including former Union Minister Dayanidhi Maran and Rajya Sabha MP and sister Kanimozhi.
Stalin, considered the political heir to Karunanidhi, met party workers at the YMCA grounds and distributed welfare aid to the needy.
Later, he launched his refurbished website "www.Mkstalin.In" and the twitter account.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state