Train-bus collision: Prez wishes speedy recovery for children
Hyderabad: President Pranab Mukherjee has expressed deep condolence over the tragic death of 15 children in a train-school bus collision in Medak district of Telangana last week and has wished speedy recovery for those who have sustained injuries.
The President has sent a letter to Governor ESL Narasimhan in this regard. The condolence message of the President has also been sent to Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao, a release from the CM`s office said here today.
Sixteen persons, including 14 school children and the driver and the cleaner of the private school bus, were killed and 20 students were injured when a passenger train rammed into their bus at an unmanned railway crossing in Masaipet village on July 24.
The death toll has risen to 17 with a seven-year-old boy succumbing to his injuries at a hospital here today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened