Train-bus collision: Prez wishes speedy recovery for children
Hyderabad: President Pranab Mukherjee has expressed deep condolence over the tragic death of 15 children in a train-school bus collision in Medak district of Telangana last week and has wished speedy recovery for those who have sustained injuries.
The President has sent a letter to Governor ESL Narasimhan in this regard. The condolence message of the President has also been sent to Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao, a release from the CM`s office said here today.
Sixteen persons, including 14 school children and the driver and the cleaner of the private school bus, were killed and 20 students were injured when a passenger train rammed into their bus at an unmanned railway crossing in Masaipet village on July 24.
The death toll has risen to 17 with a seven-year-old boy succumbing to his injuries at a hospital here today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey