Masi Magam fest celebrated with religious fervour
Puducherry: People from different parts of Puducherry and Tamil Nadu today offered worship to deities of various shrines at the seashore of Vaithikuppam village here on the occasion of Masi Magam festival.
Deities from more than 80 shrines in and around Puducherry and also from neighbouring districts of Tamil Nadu were brought to the seashore for `theerthavari` (dip in the Bay of Bengal).
The festival occurs on the full moon day in the Tamil month of Masi (February to March).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing