Myanmarese poachers captured in Andaman
Port Blair: Altogether 15 Myanmarese
poachers along with their boats were captured and a large
quantity of sea cucumbers were seized from high seas of
Landfall island in Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
Deputy Inspector General A K Harbola said that the
Coast Guard personnel chased the ships early in the morning
yesterday when they tried to flee from the Indian waters to
the international maritime boundary.
These people came near the Andaman and Nicobar islands
to catch Sea Cucumbers and other rare sea creatures, sources
The Coast Guard ship spotted these boats moving
suspiciously during a routine patrol in the northern group of
islands, he said.
The coast guard personnel fired warning shots and
fleeing vessels were overpowered, Harbola said.
The deputy inspector general said that 66 Myanmarese
poachers along with 6 boats were apprehended during the last
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?
- Storms, lightning and heavy rains in Uttar Pradesh; at least 12 dead
- Shah Rukh Khan's 'Kal Ho Naa Ho' memories strike back!