Myanmarese poachers captured in Andaman
Port Blair: Altogether 15 Myanmarese
poachers along with their boats were captured and a large
quantity of sea cucumbers were seized from high seas of
Landfall island in Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
Deputy Inspector General A K Harbola said that the
Coast Guard personnel chased the ships early in the morning
yesterday when they tried to flee from the Indian waters to
the international maritime boundary.
These people came near the Andaman and Nicobar islands
to catch Sea Cucumbers and other rare sea creatures, sources
The Coast Guard ship spotted these boats moving
suspiciously during a routine patrol in the northern group of
islands, he said.
The coast guard personnel fired warning shots and
fleeing vessels were overpowered, Harbola said.
The deputy inspector general said that 66 Myanmarese
poachers along with 6 boats were apprehended during the last
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part II
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen