Myanmarese poachers captured in Andaman
Port Blair: Altogether 15 Myanmarese
poachers along with their boats were captured and a large
quantity of sea cucumbers were seized from high seas of
Landfall island in Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
Deputy Inspector General A K Harbola said that the
Coast Guard personnel chased the ships early in the morning
yesterday when they tried to flee from the Indian waters to
the international maritime boundary.
These people came near the Andaman and Nicobar islands
to catch Sea Cucumbers and other rare sea creatures, sources
The Coast Guard ship spotted these boats moving
suspiciously during a routine patrol in the northern group of
islands, he said.
The coast guard personnel fired warning shots and
fleeing vessels were overpowered, Harbola said.
The deputy inspector general said that 66 Myanmarese
poachers along with 6 boats were apprehended during the last
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’