Probe bribery allegation before allowing Sunburn fest: Goa MLA
Panaji: Former Goa tourism minister Francisco Miccky Pacheco on Saturday demanded that the Sunburn music festival should not be allowed to be held in the state as long as allegations of bribery levelled by the organisers were not looked into.
The MLA said he received a text message from the Sunburn organisers who claimed that bribes were given last year to obtain the permission to hold the event in Goa.
"Goa government should think twice before allowing the event this time. The allegations levelled by the organisers should be probed," Pacheco said, adding that he had shown the text message to Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar and the current Tourism Minister Dilip Parulekar.
Sunburn, an Electronic Music Dance (EDM) festival, is being organised this year on December 27-29, but the venue is yet to be decided.
Organisers were not available for comments.
Pacheco told reporters that the organisers were levelling allegations against the state government without backing them with evidence.
"I don`t oppose Sunburn, but it hurts that such allegations are levelled by the organisers who had even decided to pull out from Goa," Pacheco said.
While Goa government is yet to grant permission for holding the festival in the state this year, organisers have started selling tickets online.
Pacheco said they were encashing Goa`s fame.
The former minister said that as a response to the Sunburn, he would be hosting an EDM festival labelled `Goa Beach Grind` at Betalbhatim on December 27-29, with a host of international DJs participating.
It will prove that Goans can organise such festivals on their own, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali