Puducherry CM asks media to ensure correct reporting of govt activities
Puducherry: Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy today asked the media to ensure that they presented in a `clear and correct` manner highlights of various schemes the territorial administration was evolving and implementing for betterment of the people at large.
Addressing reporters on the occasion of celebration of the National Press Day, the Chief Minister said since there was difference of opinion among associations or unions of journalists, the government volunteered to celebrate the National Press day now.
He said government was fully aware of the grievances of the mediapersons. "Steps would be taken to bring to end the grievances", he said, asking the scribes to ensure that their reporting of government schemes was correct and clear.
Puducherry Information Secretary S B Deepak Kumar and Director of Information and Publicity Alagiri were among those who spoke.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa