Rs 125 cr tourism projects to be implemented in Puducherry
Puducherry: As many as 25 tourism development projects would be launched by Puducherry Government during the current fiscal at a total outlay of Rs 125 crore, Tourism Minister P Rajavelu said today.
They include beautification of the Oussudu lake, the Arikamedu site in view of its historical importance and also development of infrastructure in Yanam region, he told reporters here.
A 24-day long Entertainment and Shopping Expo` was being held from tomorrow here by the tourism department in association with various event management companies to attract large number of tourists, including foreigners, he said.
The Minister also said the government was in touch with Spicejet on reviving its flight services from the union territory capital.
There was also the need to expand the runway for which around 240 acres had to be arranged.
Rains lash Punjab, few parts of Haryana
ChandigarhRains today lashed vast swathes of Punjab and a few parts of Haryana, providing much needed relief to the people from blistering heat conditions.
The maximum temperatures, which has been hovering in the range of 40-44 degrees Celsius at most places in Punjab for the past several days, dropped by a few notches.
The rains are also considered beneficial for the ongoing paddy transplantation.
Among the places in Punjab to receive rains included Amritsar (4.2 mm), Ludhiana (1.8 mm), Patiala (1 mm), Moga (13.2 mm), Muktsar (5.6 mm), Faridkot (25 mm), Barnala (5.5 mm), Ferozepur (14 mm), Mohali (2 mm), Jalandhar (5 mm), Phagwara (6 mm) and Hoshiarpur (7 mm), a MeT official said.
In Haryana, Kaithal (12 mm), Panchkula (2.2 mm), and Yamunanagar (6 mm) were lashed by rains.
Chandigarh experienced light rains (2.4 mm) even as overcast conditions prevailed in the city.
MeT officials said the current change in the weather was due to a weather system active over the region.
The weatherman has forecast light to moderate rain or thundershowers at a few places in Punjab and Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Cancel your train ticket on phone or via SMS through these easy steps
- Not getting visa? This Balaji temple can help you fly abroad
- Rahul Gandhi visits ailing Sushma Swaraj at AIIMS
- Anybody can play Sangeeta Bijlani's role but not Naureen's: Prachi Desai
- Coal scam: Rungtas move HC against conviction, CBI reply sought