Taking steps to prevent anti-social elements
Puducherry: With the Union Territory fast becoming a tourist hub, steps have been taken to prevent intrusion of anti-social elements into Puducherry, a top police official said.
Tourism has become the priority for government here and no
anti-social elements could be allowed to rule the roost, Senior Superintendent of Police (Law and Order wing) of Puducherry V.J.Chandran said.
Interacting with owners of lodges, hotel establishments and bars at a meeting convened by police here,he stressed the need for installation of web cameras and closed circuit TVs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!