Two speed boats reach Daman for coastal patrolling
Daman (UT): Two high-speed boats arrived
here from the Goa shipyard to enhance patrolling in the
Arabian sea, police said on Wednesday.
Daman Police Superintendent U K Choudhary told PTI the
Union Government has sanctioned two boats for the Union
Territory - Daman and Diu for patrolling in the coastal areas.
"The two boats (a small and another big) arrived here
yesterday from Goa shipyard. These boats will be pressed into
service soon," Choudhary said.
He further said that two technical staff along with
five to six policemen will be part of the patrolling team.
"Earlier, police department used to do patrolling by
renting the fishermen`s boat, which lead to many problems. But
now with the help of these modern boats, coastal patrolling
will be easy and the department will be equipped with
sophisticated weapons," Choudhary said.
A team of police officials had gone to Goa for
training on handling these modern high-speed boats, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what