100 children taken ill after eating ice cream in UP
Fatehpur: Over 100 children were taken ill after consuming adulterated ice cream in five villages of the district, officials said on Saturday.
The children complained of vomiting and diarrhoea after consuming the ice cream last night and were rushed to the community health centre from where some of them were referred to the district hospital, they said.
District Magistrate Guru Prasad said the lone ice cream factory in the area has been sealed and an inquiry was on.
BJP MLA from Khaga Ranvendra Pratap Singh, who visited the health centre to enquire about the health of the children, alleged that adulterated eatables were being sold in the area in connivance with district officials and demanded that strict action be taken against those involved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH