100 children taken ill after eating ice cream in UP
Fatehpur: Over 100 children were taken ill after consuming adulterated ice cream in five villages of the district, officials said on Saturday.
The children complained of vomiting and diarrhoea after consuming the ice cream last night and were rushed to the community health centre from where some of them were referred to the district hospital, they said.
District Magistrate Guru Prasad said the lone ice cream factory in the area has been sealed and an inquiry was on.
BJP MLA from Khaga Ranvendra Pratap Singh, who visited the health centre to enquire about the health of the children, alleged that adulterated eatables were being sold in the area in connivance with district officials and demanded that strict action be taken against those involved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon