16 children fall ill after eating mid-day meal in UP
Jalaun: At least 16 children fell ill after consuming mid-day meal at a school in Nasihpur village of the district Tuesday afternoon.
The children at Lal Bahadur Shastri higher secondary school complained of vomiting and stomach ache after eating `tehri`(a dish comprising rice and potato).
According to the principal of the school, Mahendra Singh, a team of doctors was rushed to the village to attend to the children.
District Magistrate Ram Ganesh said that samples of the food served to children has been sent for testing and action will be taken against those responsible once the report is received.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone