16 children fall ill after eating mid-day meal in UP
Jalaun: At least 16 children fell ill after consuming mid-day meal at a school in Nasihpur village of the district Tuesday afternoon.
The children at Lal Bahadur Shastri higher secondary school complained of vomiting and stomach ache after eating `tehri`(a dish comprising rice and potato).
According to the principal of the school, Mahendra Singh, a team of doctors was rushed to the village to attend to the children.
District Magistrate Ram Ganesh said that samples of the food served to children has been sent for testing and action will be taken against those responsible once the report is received.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand