16-year-old boy beaten to death by fellow students
Aligarh: A 16-year-old boy was beaten to death with hockey sticks during a clash between two rival groups of students while they were returning from an examination centre.
Gaurav Sharma, a student of Class XII, was returning after appearing from his final examination along with his friends when he was fatally attacked by the rival group of students, including his classmates, near Godha under police station Jawaan yesterday, police said today.
SSP Piyush Modia said that the two groups of students were on motorcycles and ran their vehicles into each other and attacked each other with hockey sticks after which some of them fell on the road.
The clash continued for some time and Gaurav succumbed to injuries on the spot. Two persons belonging to the rival group have been arrested while search is on for three others.
Police said while the cause of the rivalry between the two groups is being investigated, the students had attacked each other in a field at a short distance from the girls inter college, which was the examination centre.
Modia described reports suggesting that the boy had been dragged after being tied to a motorcycle as "totally false".
The victim`s father also denied that his son had been dragged to death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter