16-year-old boy beaten to death by fellow students
Aligarh: A 16-year-old boy was beaten to death with hockey sticks during a clash between two rival groups of students while they were returning from an examination centre.
Gaurav Sharma, a student of Class XII, was returning after appearing from his final examination along with his friends when he was fatally attacked by the rival group of students, including his classmates, near Godha under police station Jawaan yesterday, police said today.
SSP Piyush Modia said that the two groups of students were on motorcycles and ran their vehicles into each other and attacked each other with hockey sticks after which some of them fell on the road.
The clash continued for some time and Gaurav succumbed to injuries on the spot. Two persons belonging to the rival group have been arrested while search is on for three others.
Police said while the cause of the rivalry between the two groups is being investigated, the students had attacked each other in a field at a short distance from the girls inter college, which was the examination centre.
Modia described reports suggesting that the boy had been dragged after being tied to a motorcycle as "totally false".
The victim`s father also denied that his son had been dragged to death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan