16-year-old boy beaten to death by fellow students
Aligarh: A 16-year-old boy was beaten to death with hockey sticks during a clash between two rival groups of students while they were returning from an examination centre.
Gaurav Sharma, a student of Class XII, was returning after appearing from his final examination along with his friends when he was fatally attacked by the rival group of students, including his classmates, near Godha under police station Jawaan yesterday, police said today.
SSP Piyush Modia said that the two groups of students were on motorcycles and ran their vehicles into each other and attacked each other with hockey sticks after which some of them fell on the road.
The clash continued for some time and Gaurav succumbed to injuries on the spot. Two persons belonging to the rival group have been arrested while search is on for three others.
Police said while the cause of the rivalry between the two groups is being investigated, the students had attacked each other in a field at a short distance from the girls inter college, which was the examination centre.
Modia described reports suggesting that the boy had been dragged after being tied to a motorcycle as "totally false".
The victim`s father also denied that his son had been dragged to death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place