16-year-old girl found hanging from tree in UP; family alleges rape, murder
Zee Media Bureau
Moradabad: At a time when the whole country is debating the issue of women`s safety, one more horrific incident of alleged rape and murder case has come to the limelight from Moradabad district in Uttar Pradesh.
A sixteen-year-old girl was found hanging from a tree in Rajupur Milak village in Moradabad district. The family has alleged that their daughter was raped and murdered after being reported missing from Wednesday evening.
Crimes against women in the state have witnessed a spurt in recent days, leading to the opposition demand for the resignation of the Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party government.
The incident comes after the brutal gang rape and murder of two minors in Badaun a fortnight back. The two cousins aged 14 and 15 were allegedly gang-raped and hanged in Ushait area on May 27 and their bodies were found on May 28.
In another incident, a 14-year-old girl in Sambhal area was raped by two police constables few days ago. The cops have been arrested and placed under suspension.
A middle-aged woman was on Wednesday found hanging in a Bahraich village.
Body of a 14-year-old girl was found on Monday morning in sugarcane fields in Bijonore following which locals protested and blocked the roads leading to the city.
The latest incident is surely to put Uttar Pradesh government under huge pressure, which is already facing severe criticism over spurt in sexual crimes against women.
Taking objection to comments on atrocities against women by some leaders, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday asked political leaders to refrain from "doing psychological analysis" of rape and respect women.
"I appeal to our political leaders that we should not carry out psychological analysis of rape... Is it correct to make a statement always? While can`t we just keep quiet. Respect and security for women should be the topmost priority of the entire people," Modi said in Lok Sabha.
His comments came against the backdrop of the recent rape incidents in various parts of the country, including Uttar Pradesh. Mulayam Singh Yadav, chief of ruling Samajwadi Party in Uttar Pradesh, was present in the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- All Party meet for inclusive engagement of all stakeholders in J&K
- Brazil arrests terror group over plot to launch large scale attack at 2016 Rio Olympics
- US acts to block two mega-mergers in health insurance worth $91 billion
- Hardik Patel's movement restricted; FIR lodged against him too
- Kotak Mahindra Bank posts 4-fold jump in net profit in Q1