17-year-old girl raped, accused arrested in Noida
Greater Noida: A 17-year-old girl was allegedly raped at gunpoint in a computer training centre in Habibpur village, police said on Sunday.
Zakir, an employee at the centre where the victim was enrolled, raped the girl on June 8 and threatened to kill her if she told anyone about the incident, police said.
The accused had allegedly asked the victim to stay back and committed the crime after all other students had left, they said, adding that he has been arrested.
Two days after the incident, the girl had stopped going to the centre as she could not face the accused who again threatened her, police said.
The victim went into depression and it was only last night that she confided in her parents about the incident, they said.
"FIR was lodged at Bisrakh police station. Zakir has been arrested," a senior police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda