2 criminals killed in police encounter
Lucknow: Two criminals were on Friday killed in
a police encounter in Uttar Pradesh`s Auraiya district.
Acting on a tip-off, police raided Aasta village and
gheraoed the duo, who had kidnapped a person for ransom,
following which the criminals started firing at them. In the
retaliatory action, the two were killed.
"One of them, identified as Bablu Mallaha, was carrying a
reward of Rs 15 thousand on his head," ADG (Law and Order)
Brij Lal said.
The kidnapped man was also released from their custody,
he said, adding that a gun, country made pistols and some
cartridges were recovered from their possession.
Meanwhile, a 60-year-old one person was shot dead by his
neighbour over a property dispute in Sadatganj area in the
city, police said.
The police has arrested the accused and recovered the
weapon used in the murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chase master Kohli stars as India beat Kiwis by 7 wickets, lead series 2-1
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption