4 cops of Gautam Buddha Nagar shifted by Mayawati
Lucknow: In a bid to control crime in the
national capital region, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati
today transferred four police officers of Gautam Buddha Nagar
district, including its SSP, and ordered the creation of a new
UP NCR Police Zone.
"The CM carried out surprise inspection at Gautam Buddha
Nagar, Ghaziabad, Meeut and Bagpath districts yesterday to
review the progress of development works, implementation of
welfare schemes launched by the government, state of essential
services and law and order situation," a government spokesman
Expressing displeasure over the law and order situation
in Gautam Buddha Nagar, Mayawati ordered immediate transfer of
Senior Superintendent of Police, ASP, DySP and station house
officer of sector 39.
Following her directive, SSP Ghaziabad Amitabh Yash has
been moved to Lucknow as SP railway and SSP Faizabad Suryanath
Singh has been posted in his place.
In the backdrop of a spurt in crime in Ghaziabad and
Meerut, she directed the SSP and the IG range of respective
districts to control the situation within two months.
The spokesman said that for effective ntrol of crime in
NCR region the CM has ordered merging of Sharanpur and Meerut
ranges and create a new UP NCR Police zone with its
headquarters in Meerut and to be headed by an ADG rank
For good development work, Mayawati decided to give
citation certificate to district magistrates of Gautam Buddha
Nagar and Ghaziabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader