4 cops of Gautam Buddha Nagar shifted by Mayawati
Lucknow: In a bid to control crime in the
national capital region, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati
today transferred four police officers of Gautam Buddha Nagar
district, including its SSP, and ordered the creation of a new
UP NCR Police Zone.
"The CM carried out surprise inspection at Gautam Buddha
Nagar, Ghaziabad, Meeut and Bagpath districts yesterday to
review the progress of development works, implementation of
welfare schemes launched by the government, state of essential
services and law and order situation," a government spokesman
Expressing displeasure over the law and order situation
in Gautam Buddha Nagar, Mayawati ordered immediate transfer of
Senior Superintendent of Police, ASP, DySP and station house
officer of sector 39.
Following her directive, SSP Ghaziabad Amitabh Yash has
been moved to Lucknow as SP railway and SSP Faizabad Suryanath
Singh has been posted in his place.
In the backdrop of a spurt in crime in Ghaziabad and
Meerut, she directed the SSP and the IG range of respective
districts to control the situation within two months.
The spokesman said that for effective ntrol of crime in
NCR region the CM has ordered merging of Sharanpur and Meerut
ranges and create a new UP NCR Police zone with its
headquarters in Meerut and to be headed by an ADG rank
For good development work, Mayawati decided to give
citation certificate to district magistrates of Gautam Buddha
Nagar and Ghaziabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM