43 monkeys poisoned to death in UP; 7 held
Bareilly: As many as 43 monkeys were
poisoned to death at a village here allegedly by seven persons
who were later arrested, police said today.
The seven persons allegedly fed some poisonous substance
to the monkeys in Rajau village yesterday after which a police
complaint was lodged by animal welfare organisation People for
They were later arrested on charges of mass killing of
monkeys in Bithari Chainpur area, Superintendent of Police
Rakesh Jolly said, adding the arrested persons have confessed
to have killed the monkeys as they were destroying crops and
Meanwhile, PFA founder and animal rights activist Maneka
Gandhi has demanded stringent action against the arrested
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...