43 monkeys poisoned to death in UP; 7 held
Bareilly: As many as 43 monkeys were
poisoned to death at a village here allegedly by seven persons
who were later arrested, police said today.
The seven persons allegedly fed some poisonous substance
to the monkeys in Rajau village yesterday after which a police
complaint was lodged by animal welfare organisation People for
They were later arrested on charges of mass killing of
monkeys in Bithari Chainpur area, Superintendent of Police
Rakesh Jolly said, adding the arrested persons have confessed
to have killed the monkeys as they were destroying crops and
Meanwhile, PFA founder and animal rights activist Maneka
Gandhi has demanded stringent action against the arrested
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video