AAP leader Kumar Vishwas to visit Rahul Gandhi`s parliamentary constituency Amethi today
Zee Media Bureau
Lucknow: After an impressive show in the Delhi Assembly elections, the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) has set its eyes on the national arena, with its leader Kumar Vishwas all set to visit Amethi, the parliamentary constituency of Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Friday.
Reports have suggested that Vishwas, will be AAP`s probable candidate to take on the Gandhi scion in the 2014 Lok Sabha polls. Some time back, key AAP leader Manish Sisodia had announced Vishwas`s name against the Gandhi scion.
Vishwas would be participating in the `Jhadu Sandesh Yatra` and would feel the "political situation in the constituency".
A senior AAP functionary told a news agency that other than taking part in the `Jhadu Sandesh Yatra` aimed at mobilizing the masses in favour of the party, Vishwas will also hold meetings with party workers at the Saintha road party office in Amethi.
After emphatic win in the Delhi polls, Arvind Kejriwal-led AAP declared its national ambitions and has set eyes on certain VIP constituencies, which it says it will contest.
The AAP has decided to contest the upcoming Lok Sabha elections in Madhya Pradesh, though the party is yet to finalise the number of seats.
The party will be taking out rallies in all the 29 Lok Sabha constituencies in the state between January 12 and 19.
The AAP on December 26 named two members, Pankaj Gupta and Sanjay Singh, as its team that would look into preparations for the 2014 General Elections.
The new political outfit is also planning to contest all the 26 Lok Sabha seats in Gujarat and take on BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on his home turf.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details