AAP leader Kumar Vishwas to visit Rahul Gandhi`s parliamentary constituency Amethi today
Zee Media Bureau
Lucknow: After an impressive show in the Delhi Assembly elections, the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) has set its eyes on the national arena, with its leader Kumar Vishwas all set to visit Amethi, the parliamentary constituency of Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Friday.
Reports have suggested that Vishwas, will be AAP`s probable candidate to take on the Gandhi scion in the 2014 Lok Sabha polls. Some time back, key AAP leader Manish Sisodia had announced Vishwas`s name against the Gandhi scion.
Vishwas would be participating in the `Jhadu Sandesh Yatra` and would feel the "political situation in the constituency".
A senior AAP functionary told a news agency that other than taking part in the `Jhadu Sandesh Yatra` aimed at mobilizing the masses in favour of the party, Vishwas will also hold meetings with party workers at the Saintha road party office in Amethi.
After emphatic win in the Delhi polls, Arvind Kejriwal-led AAP declared its national ambitions and has set eyes on certain VIP constituencies, which it says it will contest.
The AAP has decided to contest the upcoming Lok Sabha elections in Madhya Pradesh, though the party is yet to finalise the number of seats.
The party will be taking out rallies in all the 29 Lok Sabha constituencies in the state between January 12 and 19.
The AAP on December 26 named two members, Pankaj Gupta and Sanjay Singh, as its team that would look into preparations for the 2014 General Elections.
The new political outfit is also planning to contest all the 26 Lok Sabha seats in Gujarat and take on BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on his home turf.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA