AAP leader Kumar Vishwas to visit Rahul Gandhi`s parliamentary constituency Amethi today
Zee Media Bureau
Lucknow: After an impressive show in the Delhi Assembly elections, the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) has set its eyes on the national arena, with its leader Kumar Vishwas all set to visit Amethi, the parliamentary constituency of Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Friday.
Reports have suggested that Vishwas, will be AAP`s probable candidate to take on the Gandhi scion in the 2014 Lok Sabha polls. Some time back, key AAP leader Manish Sisodia had announced Vishwas`s name against the Gandhi scion.
Vishwas would be participating in the `Jhadu Sandesh Yatra` and would feel the "political situation in the constituency".
A senior AAP functionary told a news agency that other than taking part in the `Jhadu Sandesh Yatra` aimed at mobilizing the masses in favour of the party, Vishwas will also hold meetings with party workers at the Saintha road party office in Amethi.
After emphatic win in the Delhi polls, Arvind Kejriwal-led AAP declared its national ambitions and has set eyes on certain VIP constituencies, which it says it will contest.
The AAP has decided to contest the upcoming Lok Sabha elections in Madhya Pradesh, though the party is yet to finalise the number of seats.
The party will be taking out rallies in all the 29 Lok Sabha constituencies in the state between January 12 and 19.
The AAP on December 26 named two members, Pankaj Gupta and Sanjay Singh, as its team that would look into preparations for the 2014 General Elections.
The new political outfit is also planning to contest all the 26 Lok Sabha seats in Gujarat and take on BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on his home turf.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!