AAP to contest UP`s all 80 Lok Sabha seats
Lucknow: The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) will contest all the 80 Lok Sabha seats from Uttar Pradesh, party spokesman Sanjay Singh said.
Sanjay Singh, a close associate of AAP leader and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, said the party was pushing for clean and honest politics and hoped that issues like casteism and communalism will be relegated to the back burner.
He admitted these two issues have long stood ground in the state and that they were major challenges. But, he said, time has come to change traditional politics and the common man has embraced development as a major poll plank.
Sanjay Singh said the party will be finalising names soon and efforts would be made to announce the first list of its Lok Sabha poll candidates by Feb 15.
He underlined that the AAP candidates, like in New Delhi, would be common people, the `aam aadmi`.
He said the national executive of the party which met in Delhi Sunday has decided to field candidates in 20 states.
It was almost certain that poet Kumar Vishwas would contest against Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi in Amethi constituency, he added.
The AAP spokesman said the party will field candidates against Congress president and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi from Rae Bareli and Samajwadi Party (SP) chief Mulayam Singh Yadav in Mainpuri.
Earlier, Singh said people interested in contesting the Lok Sabha polls can fill forms till Jan 15 and that the aspirants would have to get the endorsement of at least 100 people from their probable constituencies.
Singh also met Shia cleric Kalbe Jawwad Monday and sought his support.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi