AAP`s Vishwas booked for alleged violation of model code
Amethi: AAP candidate Kumar Vishwas and 20 others have been booked in neighbouring Sultanpur district for allegedly violating prohibitory orders and the model code of conduct for elections.
An FIR has been lodged against Vishwas and 20 other unknown people in Sadar Kotwali police station, district magistrate Pradip Kumar Yadav said.
"Kumar Vishwas had come to the district in a cavalcade last night, disrupting traffic on busy roads, without prior permission from the administration," Yadav said.
Vishwas, on the other hand, claimed that he had gone alone in one vehicle and hence there was no violation of model code of conduct.
Alleging that administration was acting against him at the behest of Congress and Samajwadi Party, Vishwas, who has been declared as AAP candidate from Amethi, said that he had gone to Sultanpur to meet the father of a labourer who was trapped in a building collapse incident.
On March 5, Raj Kumar, a labourer belonging to Gauriganj area of Amethi, was buried after the building in which he was working collapsed and rescue operations are on to save him.
Vishwas also alleged that the administration was lax with contractors of the building and demanded an FIR against the DM and SP in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi