Aarushi case: Friends react to CBI court`s order
New Delhi: Aarushi Talwar`s friends Wednesday reacted with support, shock, and a feeling of discontent to the special CBI court`s ruling ordering Rajesh and Nupur Talwar`s trial in their teenage daughter`s murder case.
"I totally agree with the court`s verdict. How can the investigative agency decide to close a case and not accuse parents who were present in the same house on the night of the murder," a classmate of Aarushi told IANS.
"No parent can kill the child if you think of ideal conditions. But the society is not ideal anymore. There could be indirect involvement also," he added.
Aarushi, a Class 9 student of Delhi Public School, Noida, was found murdered under mysterious circumstances in her parents` Jalvayu Vihar Apartment in Noida on May 16, 2008.
Their domestic help Hemraj was initially suspected for the killing, but his body was found on the flat`s terrace a day later.
"There was enough circumstantial evidence for the investigating agency to rule out the possibility of the involvement of parents. Some of us had been stressing on that point in the protest march also," said another classmate on condition of anonymity.
However, some expressed their anger against the ruling and asked why the case took so long in the court of law.
"This is totally self-contradictory on the part of any prosecuting agency. First they did not have any evidence, and now they are ready to try the couple without any evidence," said Namrata Verma (name changed), mother of another classmate of Aarushi who had studied with the girl for 10 years.
"They have been hounded for no reason. They are distraught and completely broke after their daughter`s loss," added Verma, who knew the Talwars closely.
A special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court Wednesday ordered that Rajesh and Nupur Talwar be tried for the murder of their teenaged daughter Aarushi. The couple will also be prosecuted for destruction of evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them