Aarushi case: Friends react to CBI court`s order
New Delhi: Aarushi Talwar`s friends Wednesday reacted with support, shock, and a feeling of discontent to the special CBI court`s ruling ordering Rajesh and Nupur Talwar`s trial in their teenage daughter`s murder case.
"I totally agree with the court`s verdict. How can the investigative agency decide to close a case and not accuse parents who were present in the same house on the night of the murder," a classmate of Aarushi told IANS.
"No parent can kill the child if you think of ideal conditions. But the society is not ideal anymore. There could be indirect involvement also," he added.
Aarushi, a Class 9 student of Delhi Public School, Noida, was found murdered under mysterious circumstances in her parents` Jalvayu Vihar Apartment in Noida on May 16, 2008.
Their domestic help Hemraj was initially suspected for the killing, but his body was found on the flat`s terrace a day later.
"There was enough circumstantial evidence for the investigating agency to rule out the possibility of the involvement of parents. Some of us had been stressing on that point in the protest march also," said another classmate on condition of anonymity.
However, some expressed their anger against the ruling and asked why the case took so long in the court of law.
"This is totally self-contradictory on the part of any prosecuting agency. First they did not have any evidence, and now they are ready to try the couple without any evidence," said Namrata Verma (name changed), mother of another classmate of Aarushi who had studied with the girl for 10 years.
"They have been hounded for no reason. They are distraught and completely broke after their daughter`s loss," added Verma, who knew the Talwars closely.
A special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court Wednesday ordered that Rajesh and Nupur Talwar be tried for the murder of their teenaged daughter Aarushi. The couple will also be prosecuted for destruction of evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared