AIMPLB demands day-to-day hearing in Babri demolition case
Lucknow: Accusing the Centre of not being
serious about its assurances in the action taken report on the
Liberhan Commission, All India Muslim Personal Law Board Sunday
demanded day-to-day hearing in Babri mosque demolition case.
"Regarding cases related to Babri mosuqe demolition
the AIMPLB feels its progress is entirely dissatisfactory," a
resolution passed by the board on the third day of its
"It seems that the Centre is not serious on the
assurances given in the ATR on Liberhan Commission as neither
the central government nor the CBI has filed any application
in the High Court requesting day-to-day hearing in Babri
mosque demolition case," it said.
The board demands that the Centre take effective action
for day-to-day hearing to ensure punishment to the accused,
the resolution stated.
"The board also demands that cases should be lodged
against persons identified by Liberhan Commission and
conspiracy charges should be framed against those indicted by
the commission in its report," it added.
"We have earlier demanded that role of people indicted
by the commission should be probed and cases should be lodged
if charges are found against them, but the Home Minister had
done nothing in this direction," board member Zafaryab Jilani
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India