Akhilesh govt transfers 42 IPS officers in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh administration led by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has transfered 42 IPS officers.
The move comes in the wake of a growing deterioration of law and order situation in the state. Uttar Pradesh will see re-convening of its Assembly session on the 19th of this month.
This move is seen as an attempt to blunt the sharpening attack from the opposition which his government is likely to face.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India