Akhilesh govt transfers 42 IPS officers in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh administration led by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has transfered 42 IPS officers.
The move comes in the wake of a growing deterioration of law and order situation in the state. Uttar Pradesh will see re-convening of its Assembly session on the 19th of this month.
This move is seen as an attempt to blunt the sharpening attack from the opposition which his government is likely to face.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’