Akhilesh Yadav gets NSG security cover
New Delhi: The Centre has extended a Z+ security cover of NSG commandos to Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav.
Yadav, according to sources, will have a round-the-clock mobile security of 10-12 `black cats` after the Union Home Ministry decided to extend the elite security cover to the CM based on the threat perception about him.
Yadav`s father and Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav already enjoys the NSG `black cats` security.
"A special VIP security team from the NSG has recently been deployed 24x7 with the Uttar Pradesh CM," a senior official said.
With the inclusion of the Chief Minister, the NSG has a total of 16 VIPs/VVIPs under its armed security cover.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details