Akhilesh Yadav gets NSG security cover
New Delhi: The Centre has extended a Z+ security cover of NSG commandos to Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav.
Yadav, according to sources, will have a round-the-clock mobile security of 10-12 `black cats` after the Union Home Ministry decided to extend the elite security cover to the CM based on the threat perception about him.
Yadav`s father and Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav already enjoys the NSG `black cats` security.
"A special VIP security team from the NSG has recently been deployed 24x7 with the Uttar Pradesh CM," a senior official said.
With the inclusion of the Chief Minister, the NSG has a total of 16 VIPs/VVIPs under its armed security cover.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Another ISIS suspect arrested from Maharashtra's Thane district
- Oops! Shah Rukh Khan, Rohit Shetty friends no more?
- NASA's NEEMO 21 research mission begins, aquanauts splash down!
- Congress leader Digvijay Singh taken aback after seeing his name in Below Poverty Line list
- Gwen Stefani auditioned for 'Mr & Mrs Smith'