Akhilesh Yadav gets NSG security cover
New Delhi: The Centre has extended a Z+ security cover of NSG commandos to Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav.
Yadav, according to sources, will have a round-the-clock mobile security of 10-12 `black cats` after the Union Home Ministry decided to extend the elite security cover to the CM based on the threat perception about him.
Yadav`s father and Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav already enjoys the NSG `black cats` security.
"A special VIP security team from the NSG has recently been deployed 24x7 with the Uttar Pradesh CM," a senior official said.
With the inclusion of the Chief Minister, the NSG has a total of 16 VIPs/VVIPs under its armed security cover.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- WATCH: How AAP MLA Dinesh Mohaniya was arrested by Delhi Police amidst high drama during press conference
- BJP president Amit Shah sounds poll bugle in Uttarakhand; slams Congress, Harish Rawat
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage