Allahabad HC summons CBI DIG in NRHM scam
Lucknow: The Lucknow bench of Allahabad High Court on Friday summoned the Deputy Inspector General of CBI in connection with investigation into procurement of medicines in alleged NRHM scam at CMO Lucknow office.
The order was passed by the bench of Justices Imtiyaz Murtaza and Anurag Kumar on an application filed in a PIL seeking direction for a CBI probe into alleged irregularities into NRHM.
The application was moved by the petitioner Prine Lenin before Diwali seeking direction for proper investigation into the alleged NRHM scam.
The petitioner alleged that CBI filed the chargesheet saving the higher ups and requested that a Special Investigation Team may be constituted.
The court had summoned the investigating officer in this connection.
CBI`s investigating officer Ashok Kumar appeared today, filed an affidavit and informed the court that he had applied for voluntary retirement on October 18.
The court directed the DIG CBI AC II to appear before it along with investigating officers and relevant case diaries on the next date of hearing on December 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!