Allahabad HC summons CBI DIG in NRHM scam
Lucknow: The Lucknow bench of Allahabad High Court on Friday summoned the Deputy Inspector General of CBI in connection with investigation into procurement of medicines in alleged NRHM scam at CMO Lucknow office.
The order was passed by the bench of Justices Imtiyaz Murtaza and Anurag Kumar on an application filed in a PIL seeking direction for a CBI probe into alleged irregularities into NRHM.
The application was moved by the petitioner Prine Lenin before Diwali seeking direction for proper investigation into the alleged NRHM scam.
The petitioner alleged that CBI filed the chargesheet saving the higher ups and requested that a Special Investigation Team may be constituted.
The court had summoned the investigating officer in this connection.
CBI`s investigating officer Ashok Kumar appeared today, filed an affidavit and informed the court that he had applied for voluntary retirement on October 18.
The court directed the DIG CBI AC II to appear before it along with investigating officers and relevant case diaries on the next date of hearing on December 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31