Allahabad stampede: Railway announces helpline numbers
New Delhi: A day after the tragic stampeded at the Allahabad Railway Station, the Railways have announced helpline numbers at different stations including New Delhi, Nizamuddin, Allahabad, Lucknow to help those in distress and looking for more information about the incident.
Meanwhile, the UP government has also ordered an inquiry into the stampede and asked the Railways to make proper arrangements to clear rush of devotees and sanctioned an ex-gratia of Rs five lakh to the kin of each of the dead persons.
According to Indian Railways, the helpline numbers for Delhi are: 011-23342954, 23341074, 24357660.
Similarly, the Allahabad helpline numbers are: 0532-1072, 0532-2408149, 2408128, 2407353.
To facilitate the dissemination of information related to the Allahabad stampede, the Railways have also issued a helpline number for Kanpur, which are: - 0512-1072, 0512-2323015, 2323016, 2323018.
Seven helping booths with four helpline numbers have also been provided at Howrah station to give information about the stampede victims at Allahabad station. The helpline numbers are 033-2641-3660, 033-2641-2241, 033-2640-2242 and 033-2640-2243.
With PTI Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves