Amarmani being kept with terrorists, claims SP leader Shivpal
Varanasi: Former UP minister Amarmani Tripathi, serving life sentence in poetess Madhumita Shukla murder case, was not being provided proper facilities and was kept with terrorists in the jail here, SP leader Shivpal Singh Yadav claimed on Thursday.
"The jail manual is being openly flouted.He (Tripathi)
is being deprived of facilities which should be given to him.
He has not eaten food for the last four days," Yadav told
reporters after meeting Tripathi in jail.
"He is being kept with terrorists," the leader of
opposition in UP Assembly said and alleged that it was a
"conspiracy" being carried out against Tripathi at the behest
of Uttar Pradesh Government.
Yadav was accompanied by Amarmani`s brother Ajitmani
and SP MLA Abdul Samad Ansari.
Tripathi, his wife Madhumani and two others were in
October 2007 sentenced to life imprisonment for the murder of
Madhumita Shukla in Lucknow on May 9, 2003. Madhumita had an
affair with Tripathi and his wife objected to it. She was
murdered at her Lucknow flat at the behest of Madhumani.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attention nail polish lovers! Here's how to apply nail paints perfectly—Watch video now
- JKCET-II 2016: Admit card released at www.jakbopee.org, check how to download
- Mercedes' Nico Rosberg signs a new two-year deal, extending his stay to 2018
- Scorpio with 'Intelli-Hybrid' tech launched at Rs 9.74 lakh
- Most Germans fear terrorist attack after train axe assault: Poll