Amarmani being kept with terrorists, claims SP leader Shivpal
Varanasi: Former UP minister Amarmani Tripathi, serving life sentence in poetess Madhumita Shukla murder case, was not being provided proper facilities and was kept with terrorists in the jail here, SP leader Shivpal Singh Yadav claimed on Thursday.
"The jail manual is being openly flouted.He (Tripathi)
is being deprived of facilities which should be given to him.
He has not eaten food for the last four days," Yadav told
reporters after meeting Tripathi in jail.
"He is being kept with terrorists," the leader of
opposition in UP Assembly said and alleged that it was a
"conspiracy" being carried out against Tripathi at the behest
of Uttar Pradesh Government.
Yadav was accompanied by Amarmani`s brother Ajitmani
and SP MLA Abdul Samad Ansari.
Tripathi, his wife Madhumani and two others were in
October 2007 sentenced to life imprisonment for the murder of
Madhumita Shukla in Lucknow on May 9, 2003. Madhumita had an
affair with Tripathi and his wife objected to it. She was
murdered at her Lucknow flat at the behest of Madhumani.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- If Kashmir issue is not resolved under Modi, it will never be resolved: Mehbooba
- Magical Ravichandran Ashwin hits 200; Lendl Simmons becomes his latest bunny
- Bailey stars as Australia deny Sri Lanka winning farewell to Dilshan; lead ODI series 2-1
- EPL 2016-17: Gameweek 3 — City go top with win over Hammers
- Glowing distant stars become Hubble's latest subject! - See pic