AMU may get Indo-US energy centre
Aligarh: The Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) may soon host the Indo-US energy centre. Farooq Abdullah, minister for new and renewable energy, has promised to clear the project, said vice chancellor PK Abdul Azis late Tuesday.
Highlighting the increase in electricity consumption during an energy conservation meet here, Azis urged the AMU community to adopt possible corrective measures including use of modern-age technology.
AMU is a big consumer of Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Ltd. with sanctioned load of 6.1 MVA and the power is received through two 33 KV lines, said Professor Anwaruddin Anwar, an electricity department official of AMU.
Anwar suggested power saving initiatives such as implanting solar geysers in residents` halls, solar street lights and use of CFL lights in the campus. He also suggested use of energy efficient air conditioners and fans.
Dr Masood Akhtar, President, Cleantech Partners, Inc. from USA said that energy cooperation was a central element of the India-US strategic partnership as during US President Barack Obama`s India visit, an agreement was signed to set up a Joint Clean Energy Research and Development Centre.
Dr Sandeep Garg from the ministry of power, urged to educate consumers for making energy efficient purchases.
- Hot alert! Shruti Hassan looks incredibly sexy on the cover of GQ magazine – See pic
- Awwdorable! Salman Khan shares picture of mother Salma and baby Ahil
- Look what Ranveer Singh is doing for ‘Befikre’
- Premier League: Leicester City clinch historic title after Eden Hazard`s stunning late goal vs Tottenham Hotspur
- EPL: Jamie Vardy, Riyad Mahrez and other key players who played major roles in Leicester City`s title success