Another UP official accused of molestation
Lucknow: Two days after a senior Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer in Uttar Pradesh was accused of molestation, another state government official has been charged with trying to outrage the modesty of a woman, police said.
A case has been filed by the woman against Bulandshahr Additional Development Officer (ADO) Mithlesh Kumar in Pihusa police station.
The woman, whose name has been withheld for legal reasons, has accused Kumar of molesting her Aug 15. "When she resisted his advances, he misbehaved with her and threatened her," Bulandshahr Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Gulab Singh told IANS.
While the woman complained to Kumar`s senior officials, the matter was hushed up, police said.
The incident has surfaced now after the victim lodged a complaint again at the tehsil office following which a case under section 354 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) was filed against the official and his accomplice.
While the woman has alleged that the official and his friend tried to rape her, the police have slapped them only with a minor offence of molestation.
Just two days ago, a senior IAS officer of the Uttar Pradesh government was arrested for molesting a woman on board the Lucknow Mail train.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake