Another UP official accused of molestation
Lucknow: Two days after a senior Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer in Uttar Pradesh was accused of molestation, another state government official has been charged with trying to outrage the modesty of a woman, police said.
A case has been filed by the woman against Bulandshahr Additional Development Officer (ADO) Mithlesh Kumar in Pihusa police station.
The woman, whose name has been withheld for legal reasons, has accused Kumar of molesting her Aug 15. "When she resisted his advances, he misbehaved with her and threatened her," Bulandshahr Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Gulab Singh told IANS.
While the woman complained to Kumar`s senior officials, the matter was hushed up, police said.
The incident has surfaced now after the victim lodged a complaint again at the tehsil office following which a case under section 354 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) was filed against the official and his accomplice.
While the woman has alleged that the official and his friend tried to rape her, the police have slapped them only with a minor offence of molestation.
Just two days ago, a senior IAS officer of the Uttar Pradesh government was arrested for molesting a woman on board the Lucknow Mail train.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Karisma Kapoor just shared a major throwback picture with sister Kareena and we LOVE IT!
- Fungi show green way to recycle batteries
- 7th Pay Commission: Government employees likely to get revised allowances from October
- 'Nervous' Pakistan lodges FIR against Baloch leaders for 'supporting' PM Modi's statement on Balochistan
- Amnesty row: Karnataka Home Minister G Parameshwara takes U-turn, denies giving clean-chit