Another UP official accused of molestation
Lucknow: Two days after a senior Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer in Uttar Pradesh was accused of molestation, another state government official has been charged with trying to outrage the modesty of a woman, police said.
A case has been filed by the woman against Bulandshahr Additional Development Officer (ADO) Mithlesh Kumar in Pihusa police station.
The woman, whose name has been withheld for legal reasons, has accused Kumar of molesting her Aug 15. "When she resisted his advances, he misbehaved with her and threatened her," Bulandshahr Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Gulab Singh told IANS.
While the woman complained to Kumar`s senior officials, the matter was hushed up, police said.
The incident has surfaced now after the victim lodged a complaint again at the tehsil office following which a case under section 354 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) was filed against the official and his accomplice.
While the woman has alleged that the official and his friend tried to rape her, the police have slapped them only with a minor offence of molestation.
Just two days ago, a senior IAS officer of the Uttar Pradesh government was arrested for molesting a woman on board the Lucknow Mail train.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets