Arvind Kejriwal to take on Narendra Modi in Varanasi rally tomorrow
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi party (AAP) chief Arvind Kejriwal is scheduled to hold a massive rally in Varanasi on Tuesday during which he is expected to announce his plans to contest against BJP`s PM candidate Narendra Modi from the holy city.
Two ensure that AAP convener’s rally is successful, several AAP leaders, including Sanjay Singh, and hundreds of party supporters have already started arriving in Varanasi.
The party is expecting that around 1 lakh people would attend the rally. AAP volunteers have created `Chalo Benaras` hashtag on microblogging site Twitter and this hashtag is trending quite well.
The AAP has chosen Benaras instead of Varanasi because majority of people in this city still prefer the old name, reports said.
Committees have been formed for every assembly segment to ensure that the campaign become successful. The AAP volunteers are visiting villages to connect with the people. Some AAP volunteers were seen staging street plays in ghats on the bank of Ganga.
Vaibhav Maheswari and AAP leader Alka Lamba also went to Benaras Hindu University to meet medical, engineering and fine art students to drum up support for Kejriwal.
- Without dissent, parliamentary system is dysfunctional: Pranab Mukherjee
- Tamil Nadu polls: Modi govt taking anti-working class initiatives, says CPI
- Indian Premier League 2016: Rising Pune Supergiants vs Mumbai Indians - As it happened...
- Sebi to hit cinema screens to spread investor awareness
- Royal Enfield sales rise 42% in April